Dec 11 2013
Smell of Boiler Backfire Greets KHS Students
Wednesday, 11 December 2013

This e-mail address is being protected from spam bots, you need JavaScript enabled to view it
    When Kodiak High School students arrived at school this (Wednesday) morning, they were welcomed by the acrid smell of soot. According to an announcement by the school district central office, a boiler backfired before classes and the smell was picked up by the building’s air handlers and piped throughout the building.
    Maintenance personnel replaced the air filters and tried to ventilate the building as best they could before student showed up, though the smell lingered.
    Tests done by the maintenance department to measure the carbon monoxide levels in the school showed they were within safe levels, and was backed up with an additional test conducted by the Kodiak Fire Department.
    Classes are being held, and school officials posted that they are following all possible safety procedures.