Aug 04 2011
Kodiak Woman Saved From CO Poisoning
Thursday, 04 August 2011

0 MB | Download MP3 | Open in popup

 

This e-mail address is being protected from spam bots, you need JavaScript enabled to view it

            A Kodiak woman was rescued from certain death early Thursday morning after nearly succumbing to carbon monoxide poisoning in her home. Bayside Fire Department Chief Bob Himes said the woman called 9-1-1 just before 2 a.m. complaining that she was having difficulty breathing.

            He said the woman appeared to have been smoking in bed when her cigarette fell to the floor, causing the carpet to smolder.

            There was a smoke detector in the home, but Himes said the battery had been removed. There was no carbon monoxide detector, but Thursday afternoon Himes said he was going to install new units in the home for her.

            He said smoke and CO detectors are available at many stores in Kodiak, but for those who can not afford them, they are available free of charge at the Bayside fire hall - and he would be happy to install them for you.