pic4.jpg

Support Public Radio

You can support public radio through underwriting and we can help you drive traffic to your place of business by reaching the educated, affluent and decidedly handsome KMXT listeners. Contact This e-mail address is being protected from spam bots, you need JavaScript enabled to view it or This e-mail address is being protected from spam bots, you need JavaScript enabled to view it today!

Station Blogs & Links

Freeform
Are you a KMXT volunteer with a blog or website about your show? This e-mail address is being protected from spam bots, you need JavaScript enabled to view it .

 


Copyright vEsti24
afr_logo_screen_size.gif
wayback_kodiakbuttoncopy.jpg
Jul 09 2012
KFD Warns Residents of Cooking Fires PDF Print E-mail
Monday, 09 July 2012

This e-mail address is being protected from spam bots, you need JavaScript enabled to view it

            No injuries were reported by the Kodiak Fire Department after the second kitchen fire in a week. The latest occurred Saturday in an apartment building on Selief Lane.

            Deputy Fire Chief Jim Mullican says the grease fire in an upstairs unit had been put out by the building's automatic sprinkler system by the time responders arrived. The blaze caused about $5,000 in damage to the unit, with an additional loss of about $500 in personal belongings. He said firefighters stayed on the scene for about an hour assisting residents after responding to the alarm.

            Mullican warns that grease fires can flare up easily, especially if the stove top, burners, oven and broilers are not kept clean. He recommends sliding a pot or pan's lid on if it's a stovetop fire, or to turn off the heat and leaving the door closed if the fire is in the oven.

            He says not to try and fight a fire yourself if it's too big, and to leave the home immediately and call 911 from a neighbor's phone or cell phone.

 
< Prev   Next >