pic4.jpg
wayback_kodiakbuttoncopy.jpg

My Five

MyFiveButton.jpg

Support Public Radio

You can support public radio through underwriting and we can help you drive traffic to your place of business by reaching the educated, affluent and decidedly handsome KMXT listeners. Contact This e-mail address is being protected from spam bots, you need JavaScript enabled to view it or This e-mail address is being protected from spam bots, you need JavaScript enabled to view it today!

Station Blogs & Links

Freeform
Are you a KMXT volunteer with a blog or website about your show? This e-mail address is being protected from spam bots, you need JavaScript enabled to view it .

 

kmxt-sustain-bag-front.jpg

Copyright vEsti24
Aug 04 2011
Kodiak Woman Saved From CO Poisoning PDF Print E-mail
Thursday, 04 August 2011

0 MB | Download MP3 | Open in popup

 

This e-mail address is being protected from spam bots, you need JavaScript enabled to view it

            A Kodiak woman was rescued from certain death early Thursday morning after nearly succumbing to carbon monoxide poisoning in her home. Bayside Fire Department Chief Bob Himes said the woman called 9-1-1 just before 2 a.m. complaining that she was having difficulty breathing.

            He said the woman appeared to have been smoking in bed when her cigarette fell to the floor, causing the carpet to smolder.

            There was a smoke detector in the home, but Himes said the battery had been removed. There was no carbon monoxide detector, but Thursday afternoon Himes said he was going to install new units in the home for her.

            He said smoke and CO detectors are available at many stores in Kodiak, but for those who can not afford them, they are available free of charge at the Bayside fire hall - and he would be happy to install them for you.

 
< Prev   Next >