pic4.jpg
wayback_kodiakbuttoncopy.jpg

My Five

MyFiveButton.jpg

Support Public Radio

You can support public radio through underwriting and we can help you drive traffic to your place of business by reaching the educated, affluent and decidedly handsome KMXT listeners. Contact This e-mail address is being protected from spam bots, you need JavaScript enabled to view it or This e-mail address is being protected from spam bots, you need JavaScript enabled to view it today!

Station Blogs & Links

Freeform
Are you a KMXT volunteer with a blog or website about your show? This e-mail address is being protected from spam bots, you need JavaScript enabled to view it .

 

kmxt-sustain-bag-front.jpg

Copyright vEsti24
Jan 08 2010
Fire Destroys Cabin on Three Sister's Way PDF Print E-mail
Friday, 08 January 2010

This e-mail address is being protected from spam bots, you need JavaScript enabled to view it

          A fire on Three Sister's Way has destroyed a cabin belonging to Lou Dochterman. The chief of the Bayside Fire Station said that his department got the emergency call around 11 o'clock Thursday morning. Bob Himes said that when the fire trucks arrived, the house was already engulfed in flames:

             "When I got there it was fully involved. We worked on it for a couple of hours and got in under control and put out though it was a total loss for the building. The building was unoccupied at the time. It was in the process of being remodeled. There was one minor injury for a firefighter: smoke inhalation. All four fire departments responded: City, Bayside, Women's Bay and the Coast Guard. It took everyone to get it under control and do it safely."

            Himes did not name the injured person who was taken to the hospital for smoke inhalation. He said the firefighter is now "doing fine."

            Since no one was home at the time, he said it took awhile before the fire was noticed.

             "It was called in by a neighbor who saw the flames. Right now it appears that it was started by a portable heater. So it probably started burning for quite a while before it broke through the windows for someone to notice. And that's what the evidence is pointing to that it was a slow burning fire in the beginning and started in the general area of the heater."

            Himes estimates that damage to the cabin was around 50,000 dollars.

 
< Prev   Next >